10 Random Acts of Kindness
How amazing is it that our random acts of kindness can really brighten someone's day?
2020 has taught me not to take anything for granted and to be grateful for what I have, especially my family and friends. A random act of kindness can spread happiness and reminds someone you are thinking of them, giving you (and them) all the warm fuzzies inside.
This Christmas, let's be kind, share the love and make someone's day. Here are some ideas to get you started!
1. Bring in the bins for your neighbours. It will only take a few seconds, you will be surprised how grateful they'll be.
2. Pay it forward by buying a coffee for the next customer. Image starting your day knowing that you were helping to brighten someone else's.
3. Donate toys, books, and clothes to an op shop. Donating your pre-loved items to an op shop gives them a 'second life'.
4. Like, comment, and share posts of a small business. This costs nothing, but makes a huge impact! Make a conscious effort to shop small this Christmas.
5. Offer the gift of your time. Run an errand for a family member or friend who is busy or offer to cook a meal.
6. Send an oh-hello! gift bundle to someone who needs a little pick-me-up. You don't need a reason! Send one today.
7. Compliment a stranger. A compliment can count more from a stranger – someone who will only say something if they really mean it.
8. Say 'thank you' to someone who made a difference. It costs nothing, takes no time, and could make someone’s entire day.
9. Let someone go ahead of you in line. A simple gift that could make someone smile.
10. Donate flowers to a nursing home. For the residents, it has been a lonely year without the comfort of visitors.
Kindness is a gift that keeps on giving. You will find opportunities to perform random acts of kindness every day. When you take those opportunities, you will feel amazing.